Sharing the Love of Zooming. Yours, @OpenZoom.
The OpenZoom Project promotes and supports the use of high-resolution images and Zoomable User Interfaces (ZUIs) on the web. OpenZoom provides toolkits, utilities and documentation to enable you to create great user experiences.
The open source OpenZoom SDK is a toolkit for the Adobe Flash Platform that enables you to easily build powerful applications, beautiful sites and stunning maps which make use of the zooming metaphor and high-resolution images: It is freely available under the MPL/GPL/LGPL trilicense.
- Introduction & Demos
- Download OpenZoom SDK for Flash, Flex & AIR (Source Code & Examples)
- OpenZoom SDK API Reference
- Browse Source Code
Sites & projects powered by OpenZoom:
- Siemens Windpark
- EU: Climate Actions for a Better Development
- Ole Østring
- DEU TER ROR
- Depot Visuals Art
- Mars Image Explorer
- Just/Burgeff Architekten
- Massagepraktijk Zondag in Eindhoven
- Mockus… Blijf Hangen!!!
- Davey Gant
- Shawn Old
- Flag Thousand
- OpenZoom, Is This Your Luggage
- Gigapixel Photography
- Alba Water
Tools & extensions for OpenZoom:
- Python Deep Zoom Tools official
- Ruby Deep Zoom Tools official
- Perl Deep Zoom Tools
- PHP Deep Zoom Tools
- Java Deep Zoom Tools
- Haskell Deep Zoom Tools pre-alpha
- Ghost Interactive Overlay Extension for OpenZoom SDK
- Overlay Extension: Examples
- Overlay Extension: Download
Inline Multiscale Image Replacement
Easily publish insanely large images on the web in a way that kinda doesn't suck:
GigaPan Desktop & GigaPan Mobile
See the 1.47 Gigapixel Obama photo on your desktop or iPhone/iPod touch/iPad:
Got stuck while using the OpenZoom SDK? Want to give feedback
on one of the OpenZoom projects? Want to share an idea you've had?
Join the OpenZoom community.
OpenZoom: Behind the Scenes
Ever wondered how high-resolution images are delivered in a efficient and smooth way on the web? Learn more about the theory, principles and algorithms behind multi-scale imaging on the web in this three part series of how I brought Deep Zoom to Flash: